Tuesday 4 March 2008

Mother's Day Crafting

I've been busy crafting for Mother's Day (bet you hadn't guessed that, had you? LOL). My card for her is already on my blog. I had a K & Co Magnetic Pad Set and decide that I would make it and give to her.My mum is my best friend. When we're together we do loads of things including shopping, playing games, ten-pin bowling, having fun and a laugh, so I decided to make mum a tag book. I cut the pages by hand and used a book-ring to hold it together. To decorate it, I used K & Co Bailey Classic 6 x 6 pad, beige ribbon from my stash, Heidi Grace Cherrywood Lane flowers, E-Z rub-ons, flower metal embellishment, doll's house backgammon set (mum and my favourite game and we usually have 'best of 3') and wooden scrabble tiles (kindly given to me).

David had asked me to make a card for him to give my mum. I used papers from shabbyprincess.com, pale green card stock, a flower from Gardeners Delight on my Xyron Personal Cutting System and a peel-off sentiment.
Mum has a little dog called Daisy and this is their first Mother's Day together. Using my Xyron Personal Cutting System, I made this card from Daisy. I stamped inside using paw print and woof mini stamps.

14 comments:

Debbie said...

WoW Sarah how gorgeous is the tag book, bet your mum loved it. ;) :)
You have been a busy girl - crafting away in your little room.
Beautiful, just beautiful. :) :)

Debbie x

Debbie said...

Ooops, silly me, I forgot to mention your notepad - how gorgeous is that, you did a fantastic job there. ;) :)

Debbie x

Juliet said...

Your tag book is so lovely Sarah - I bet your Mum loved it.

Sian said...

The notebook and tag book are really beautiful Sarah, I expect your mum was over the moon to receive the gifts.

tee said...

Sarah..Your mum must be so special, what a beautiful tag book inside and out, and gorgeous magnetic notepad! And yes your mother raised a very wonderful daughter, and special friend to me.
x Tee.

Sarah C said...

She certainly is special. I am only the person I am thanks to my raising, so you are all reaping the benefits :-D

If you get to read this mum, love you loads xxx

Karen Mortensen said...

Gorgeous work Sarah! How wonderful to have such a special relationship with your mum xx

Ana Baird said...

They're fabulous Sarah! Love your tag book! I'm sure your mum loved it!

Debbie said...

Hi Sarah -pop over to my blog - I have something for you.:) :)

Debbie x

Louly said...

Wow Sarah, your tag book really made me smile, it's filled with love, I bet your mum shed a tear or two.

Joani said...

This is really lovely and functional too. As everyone has said I'm sure your Mum loved it.
xx

Marlou McAlees said...

fabulous projects sarah, you have been busy!!! sorry haven't been in, I am tryin to catch up with everyone, hope you are well :) x

Nicola said...

Wow Sarah you have been busy and wow!! what beautiful things you've made, they are gorgeous, each one of them!!
Nicola.xx

Anonymous said...

Sarah you have put such love into such lovely things for your Mum. I bet she was thrilled and cried a tear or two as well!

I love all the things you've done.