Monday 7 April 2008

I've Managed One LO

What on earth's happened this week? I've managed the grand total of one LO and here it is:

On UKS, the weekly challenge set by the Lavender Lovelies is this:
  1. Since 1967, on or around Hans Christian Andersen's birthday, 2 April, International Children's Book Day (ICBD) is celebrated to inspire a love of reading and to call attention to children's books, therefore we would like you to use a fairytale / fantasy / or children’s book title theme for your layout.
  2. Its April Fools day on April 1st so please 'fool us’, you could include some hidden journalling or maybe use something surprising on your Layout that wouldn’t normally be used for scrapping.
  3. Also in relation to April 1st..... in 1891 the Wrigley’s Company was started , As a bit of a giggle please use something 'wriggly ' on your layout , this could be ric-rac or wavy lines maybe.
  4. As it is hopefully going to become more spring like please use spring colours on your layout, these do NOT have to be pastel, but we are thinking along the lines of blues, pinks, greens, yellows, white etc.
  5. To celebrate the clocks changing this past weekend to British Summertime please use a clock or time on your layout, the time can be within the journalling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So to summarise:

  1. Fairytale / fantasy / or children’s bok title theme - 10 points
  2. April Fools element - something not as it seems or hidden etc - 5 points
  3. To celebrate Wrigley’s company starting on 1st April 1891 use wavy lines on your layout - 5 points
  4. Spring colours (do not have to be pastel) - 5 points
  5. Use a clock or time on your layout - 5 point

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  1. I've used one of my favourite books from my youth - The Famous Five
  2. The white in the bottom right is actually the wire mesh used to repair cars, which I inked and heat embossed in white. There is also some journalling behind the photo
  3. I cut the wire mesh wavy
  4. I've used pinks, whites and blues with some red thrown in
  5. I hand-cut the clock and set the hands to the year of the photo ('87)

Full marks to me for my team The Ruby Snippers. I just can't believe my family and I went to that wedding wearing so many colours between us, even matching the colour of our tights to our tops!! I cringe in shame!!! LOL

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Fabulous L/O Sarah - love your inspiration. The style/fashion is those days is so funny to look at now. LOL

Debbie x

~Emma~ said...

LOL! Sarah this is so much fun. Bet you really enjoyed making this one up. Its fab!

Sian said...

Great LO, fabby blue and white lettering.