Tuesday 15 April 2008

New LO's

I've been busy doing challenge LO's these last 2 days.

First one was the Elsie Flannigan challenge #6 and the House Challenge, both on UK Scrappers

Elsie's challenge was: Create a ribbon cluster. Ribbons are beautiful accents on a page - no matter what! But why not take the next step? Challenge yourself to create an accent with a cluster of ribbons. Just tie two three, four or more ribbons and cluster them together, weave them through an embroidered boarder, or hook a tiny safety pin through them. Elsie Flannigan
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The House Challenge was: To create a LO on the theme of family and use chipboard embellishment(s)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FAMILY ~ My sister and her O/H at mine last June playing swingball.

CHIPBOARD ~ Silver edged chipboard star coloured with an orange brush markerPaper ~ We R Memory Keepers - Precious Metal - Silver Lining - Buoyant (from Charmed Cards and Crafts)

RIBBON CLUSTER ~ held in place around the chipboard star by the brad in the centre
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Journalling reads ~ Andrea & Gav, no-one can accuse you of not 'going for it'. Neither of you wanted to lose and we had such a laugh watching. Who did win???
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Phrase (on the green) is KI Memories collection V, Playful Wisdom from charmed and says ~ You can discover more about a person in an hour of play, than in a year of conversation. - Plato
(Sorry about the flash on the photo)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Second one was the Elsie Flannigan challenge #7 on UK Scrappers

Take an Artistic Photograph. Its easy to capture photographs of family and events. But for this challenge, I want you to look through the lens of your camera as a photo enthusiast. Take a closer glanceat things in your life that you might otherwise walk on by. Look for beauty in unexpected places, inside and outside of your home! Elsie Flannigan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I took some photos of my garden about a month ago and put a few on here. The one most people commented on was the stones, so I decided to scrap a photo of them. I've done this on green Bazzill to represent the green jig-roll you can get. I used a paper jigsaw template I printed to emboss round so I could hand-cut the photo. I've started the jigsaw off, it just needs someone to come and finish it now!
The embossing round the edges of the bazzill are done free-hand. I'm not sure what I think of my handwriting on this (and no, I'm not looking for compliments, I'm really not sure if I like it). But, it's done and it's how it's going to stay.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Third LO is the Elsie Flannigan challenge #8 on UK Scrappers
Group four photos. I love creating one-photo layouts, but sometimes I have more than one photograph to feature on a page. I like to take four (or more) photographs and cluster them together in a group. This makes them appear almost as one large focal-point photo but allows me to display more images at one time. Try it. Elsie Flannigan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mum and I went ten-pin bowling while we were on holiday last year, so this challenge was a perfect way to show one of the games we had.
I used:
Cream and red card ~ K & Co Hannah Scrap Pad To Go from Charmed
Blue paper from a K & Co 6 x 6 paper pad
Saying ~ Rusty Pickle from Charmed
Letters~ Dovecraft abstract paper pack cut using Ellison chunkidelic alphabet
Flower ~ Prima (blog candy from Lou and Karen and comes in a neat little paint can)
Ribbon ~ Dovecraft

1 comment:

Mellie said...

You have been very busy Sarah. I especially love the papers in the first LO, challenge 6. They are lush papers (and one day I'll use mine ha!)