Saturday 25 October 2008

Daring Cardmakers Sketch Challenge

I stumbled on a new blog (to me) the other day. Daring Card Makers have a sketch challenge and I thought I'd have a try. Here's my attempt



I colour washed the background using blue/green/orange/red brush markers. I cut the right hand side into a quarter-circle (there must be a technical name, but do you think I know what it is!). PP was added to 2 of the shapes and the other one was coloured using pale brown and sage inks. The scallops were coloured using orange and brown brush markers and all the stamping done in brown ink. I added orange ribbon and a thumbs up paper clip.

Thanks for a fantastic challenge and one that got me thinking outside the box.

Love to all

5 comments:

Sian said...

Fabby card, love the clip and the design.

Kathy said...

Hi Sarah and welcome to The Daring Cardmakers it's great to have you playing along with us. I love what you've doen with the sketch - I like the idea of "hiding" the extra stamped image under the quarter circle shape.

Donna said...

Hi Sarah, what a great card, love the design, oh and your blog is looking very posh, love the colours. Donna x

Juliet said...

Oh I'm glad you found Daring Cardmakers Sarah - they are fabulous challenges and the DT work is fab too. Great card - I love the design!
Juliet xx

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card Sarah, I love the design of it very much xxx