Friday 9 January 2009

Challenges galore


I've had a crafty couple of days and managed to make a couple of LOs and cards. In doing so, I've joined in with a few challenges too.


On UKScrappers, Shimelle has started a year of challenges. Titles 'Scrap Like You Mean It', she's setting a different challenge each week. Here's my week 1 - scrap in your favourite colour. The smaller photos are passport ones and they certainly show the changing faces of me since 2005. Drag yours out and have a look at how you've changed. You may be surprised.


This LO is done for 2 challenges. On UKScrappers, the weekly challenge was a simple one to ease us into the new year gently. They challenged us to scrap a celebration using 12 of something and buttons. I've scrapped the couple I was a bridesmaid for 25 years ago at their Silver Wedding party and used 12 blooms and buttons.
Ruth's members challenge on 3C's was to use the sketch she provided, re-cycle Christmas wrapping/cards and add hand journalling. I hope the re-cycle bit's ok as I've written on the acetate window from a box of dairy and nut free chocolates I was given at Christmas.



Dottie's World challenge was set by Karen who said "Start the New Year with a Laugh" . I simply want to see "something funny" on your project, what you use and how you make it is up to you. Oh and of course you must use one of the Charmed downloads." I've used one of the pre-coloured Sarah images from Girls About Town and added the background using a programme I have on my computer. The sentiment says: He did say "Buy yourself some shoes". How was I to know he meant 1 pair? All entries get a free Scruff in the tub download.

One Stop Craft Challenge - totally missed the buttons or brads part so I can't enter the competition, but I did follow the sketch.


Sketch Saturday have a sketch competition.

Scrummy Stash Cafe have challenged us with the theme of NEW. I've used my NEW easter stamp so I hope that counts.

Thanks for looking.

Take care
Love and hugs to you all

10 comments:

Louly said...

Wowee what a busy bee you are! Coould I borrow some of your fabulous mojo please?
Your layouts are fab and yes I can definitely see the change.
I love your Sarah card - just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, I love the card, it is a great take on the sketch (i'm sure we will let you off with the buttons/brads, lol). Thanks for joining in with our one stop craft challenge.
Shelley x

Nicky said...

Wow I love what you do, such great ideas. The comment on the Sarah card is just so good, could I use that sometime, I will wait until you agree before I do, just I have a friend to buys two pairs of shoes at a time and hide one one so here OH doen't know

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

You have some really lovely items here Sarah. I adore that sassy lady with the boxes - she shops like me! Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Gosh, you have been busy Sarah! Nice layouts and card x

Jac’s Playground said...

Yoyr card for Dotties World is fantastic that would so be me given half a chance! Love your los too. TFS

Anonymous said...

WOW - you've been busy! I need some of your mojo!! Fabulous stuff and thanks for joining in with the Scrummy Stash Cafe challenge. :)

Vanessa.

Karen Mortensen said...

Woohoo! Busy little bee so you are! Lovely work Sarah and the card for my challenge is just great! Love the sentiment you put with it :o)

xxxx

Debbie said...

Hi Sarah....oh my word you have been busy..well done you. :) Love your layouts and your cards. :)
Great pics of you in the past and present. :)
Hope you are feeling much better now. :)

xxDebbiexx

Sian said...

Wow, you've been very busy. Your photos in the first LO are fab! and it's great to see how you've changed.