Sunday 15 June 2008

My Scrapping This Week

I've been crafting this week and have done both challenges on UKS.

Firstly the weekly challenge by the Slinky Pink Scrappers which was:
Scrap a photo from your childhood for 10 points
Use something pink (Well we are the slinky PINK scrappers!) for 5points
Add something metal for 5 points
Recycled something 5 for points
Finally add some stripes 5 for points

Here's my take on this challenge:

Photo from childhood ~ me as a bridesmaid - 10 points
Pink ~ everything except the photo, PP and ink is pink - 5 points
Metal ~ metal brads on the corner of the photo and antenna on the butterfly - 5 points

Reycled ~ the flowers in the top right corner are cut out of wrapping paper one of my presents was in - 5 pointsStripes ~ PP cut into wavy stripes - 5 points

Full marks to me for my team the Ruby Snippers


The second challenge I've done this week is the monthly one. This is what was said:

'With the forthcoming Euro2008, the theme is Team Spirit, but not limited to football of course! and the technique this time means you can enter a MINIBOOK, or just use binding somewhere on your layout.
THEME : TEAM SPIRIT / TECHNIQUE : BINDING'


Here's my take on the challenge.

I've used photos from the Race For Life I took part in 2 years ago.


I then used pink Bazzill card for the base and a folder from K & Co's Hannah scrap pad to go from Charmed. I cut the folder and turned the back round so that you could see the design from the front and bound both parts together using pink ribbon.

My scrapping 'just because' is of one of my cousin's sons before he started school.

I used acrylic paints to colour a piece of white Bazzill and put the photo on using brads. The saying "Time stand still best in moments that look like ordinary life" is from elegant wordart 2 and I've printed it onto vellum, once again holding in place with brads.



















4 comments:

Sian said...

Wonderful LO's Sarah. Love the first one, looks very dramatic with the stripes.

~Emma~ said...

They are brilliant Sarah! I know I said Happy Birthday over at CCC but I'm really glad you had such a good one with Tee. Speak soon, Emma,x

Debbie said...

Brilliant L/O's Sarah - see you are trying out ew techinques - good for you - it is fun isn't it. ;) :)

Debbie xx

Anonymous said...

I love your layouts Sarah, especially the race for life one :)