Sunday 1 June 2008

Scrapping Again

The UKS May week 4 challenge nearly passed me by in the same fashion that week 3 actually did! But not quite as I caught it in time.

The challenge was set by the chit chat chicks and was a toughie. Their challenge was this:

Peace theme ... ( to include a bird embellishment of some description) 5 points
mostly white 5 points
2 pictures or more 5 points
metal/metallic embelishments 5 points
no patterned paper 5 Points
sketch 5 points

I wracked my brain and my photos and came up with this:

Peace and googled bird - yes
Mostly white - yes
2 pictures - yes
Metal embellishments - ribbon brads so yes
No patterned paper - I resisted the urge, so yes
Sketch - turned around until I was happy, so yes

All points included and full marks for my team the Ruby Snippers

Journalling says "Peace is taking time to watch the waters flow".

The larger PEACE wording is die cut using my Ellison chunkadelic alphabet and the circles and wavy line are drawn and coloured using a brown brush marker.

Photos are from Cheddar in Somerset and is another LO for my holiday album.

4 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

A really lovely layout Sarah xx

~Emma~ said...

Oh babe this is fantastic!! Think I need to get some tips off you for taking photos!x

Debbie said...

Sarah this is really gorgeous - love the crisp clean effect - I can almost hear the water flowing. ;) :)

Debbie x

Ana Baird said...

Great layout Sarah! Lovely pictures too!