While I was away, Ruth very kindly gave me the Wylde Women Award. Thank you so much Ruth. It means a lot to get these awards. I've been lucky enough to have been award it in July too and am awarding it to everyone who's kind enough to stop by my blog.
You may notice a couple of changes to my blog, but that's because I tried out a different background yesterday and everything went crazy!!! I've lost my slideshow for one :( Oh well, at least I'm here to tell the tale :)
I've been busy crafting while I've been away. Here's some of the things I've done:
My mum and youngest sister getting on the coach after a day out quite a few years ago! I've used very little to make this: 2 sheets of paper from a Papermania paper pack, 1 sheet of white Bazzill, Ellison Tag-A-Long, Alpha-in-a-box die-cut alphabet, 2 sunglass buttons, blackpen.
This one was for a challenge on UKS. Brief was:
* Something hidden = 5pts ~ journalling behind the photo
* 4 and 2 of something = 5pts ~ 4 different papers and 4 photo corners / 2 photos of the scores and 2 brads
* circles = 10pts ~ a circle tag on the bottom right
This one was for the next challenge on UKS. The brief this time was:
* Use Becky Fleck round page map sketch pictured here - 10pts ~ yep, but upside down
* Use 5 of something - 5pts ~ 5 different papers/card (red bazzill card for the base / pale green paper / striped paper (free with a mag) / circley card (WeRMemoryKeepers) / dark red card for the journalling)
* Scrap a celebration or a achievement - 5pts ~ photo was taken Sunday at Ian's 21st party
* Include pink - 5pts ~ on the stripe paper
* Use glitter and / or bling - 5pts ~ bling on the ribbon down the centre
Journalling on the red card says "How many lads does it really take to put up a". Leading to the title "Swingball" on the PP.
I have done 2 more LOs. One was using a large photo of Joshua which won't be on here as if I cover him up it will lose the look of the LO and the other is for the house challenge on UKS which I'm leaving unveiled to you all until nearer the end of the uploading time for it. You've only until the end of next week, so that's not long. I'm not showing you as it's so different to my usual style and it means I can tweak it if I feel the need to.
My Second Challange is for you to decorate an item to make it your own..whether it be a ready made wooden or cardboard item or even an old food container..re-vamp it to use it!
The extra bits for this challange are as follows:
1. Use paint...Acrylic or any other you want to use. ~ black acrylic paint for the inside of my box
2. Use something recycled on your item. ~ I've triple heat-embossed some mesh (gold and black) that David uses to do some repairs on his car
3. Use something metal on your item also ~ the coin on top is metal
I'm using it to hold the things I need to pick-up before I leave the hose and often forget ~ ear-rings and memory stick with my music on for in the car.
Last, but not least here's the cards I made to take with me on Sunday. Appologies for the bad photos.
I hadn't realised how long this post would be when I started, so thank you if you managed to get to the end without falling asleep LOL