Friday 30 November 2007

3C's Card Sketch Competition

Managed to get some of my crafting done this morning. Here's one of the cards I made:

Over on the fab 3C's forum, Karen set us the task of doing something with a sketch. The only other stipulations were to use ribbon and chipboard.

I made gold ribbon into sticky ribbon using my Xyron 150. I cut a piece of chipboard and coloured the top and sides using a gold ink pad. I then stamped a dark red Christmas greeting onto it and heat embossed it all using clear powder. I made 3 tags from patterned gold card, wrote a word on the back of each "Love", "Health" and "Family" and added gold fibre.

The red card is cut in half and stuck to the base card, leaving slits for the tags to pop into. As a final touch, I added gold star gems along the ribbon. The photo doesn't do it justice (they never do!) as all the card is self-colour embossed. The red has ribbon bows on and the gold has patterned circles and swirls on.

No comments: