Saturday 22 December 2007

Changes

I've not blogged in a few days, but that's not because I've had nothing to tell you.

My life's changing (for the better I hope). As some of you know, in the last week I've been offered 2 jobs. After deliberation, have taken the one that is so different to what I've ever done. I'm hoping it will be exciting, challenging and rewarding. I'm going to be a freelance sales person for a publishing company and hopefully sell advertising space. I have to generate my own leads and make appointments, then go and get them to sign on the dotted line. I've no idea if this will work, but I'm going to give it a go. If it doesn't, I'll try something else.

The other job was at the taxi office (see 14th December's post). The owner there was really good when I said I wouldn't be taking the job after all and said that I have his number so can always call him. It helped that I worked wth him at another taxi company several years ago, so we knew each other and he knows that I am capable of doing the work.

Apart from having a week of interviews and life changing decisions, I have managed to get into the Christmas spirit eventually. Decorations are still in the loft as we decided to leave them there, but I now want some up. That's a project for Sunday as David's working Saturday - I will be patient, I must be patient, I want them up now!!!. I have managed to make a couple of Christmas cards for family, so have only got 5 left to make. I can see a busy Saturday coming up. Will photograph them all when they're done and put on here. Have also got 2 door plaques to make for niece and nephew's bedroom doors.

Christmas presents are all bought and apart from one last addition (saw and just had to get), they're all wrapped. 3 households even have theirs. I have 3 to go back to shops which will be done after Christmas. A musical book which doesn't work, a spiderman thingy that says 3+ on the back and 4+ on the front and was bought for a 3yr old, and a magnetic jewellery set which I won't give after watching the Dispatches programme on Monday night about the dangers of magnetic toys. It should've been on earlier in the month before we all went shopping. But, I'll now have a couple of pound for stash shopping after Christmas which is never a bad thing.

Oh, we got a couple of lottery tickets (something we hardly ever do cos we never win and don't like throwing our money away) for Wednesday and Saturday night and won £10 on Wednesday! Trip to the cinema is on the cards now, just got to decide what to watch. Wonder how we'll get on with Saturday's draw?

No comments: