In April 1581, the first circumnavigation of the globe was completed – although sadly, Ferdinand Magellan, the man who planned and led the expedition, never saw his goal.
* So … use a map or plan of some kind on your LO = 10pts
* The sailors must have sailed a lot of seas, so for using the colour blue = 5pts
* Use a hand-made embellishment = 5pts
* Use ink on your LO (eg stamped image, inked edges etc) = 5pts
* Use eyelets and/or brads - 5pts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Googled and printed out a map of the area of Somerset that mum and I travelled while on our hols. I had to print it on 3 pieces of paper and jigsaw it together to get the whole area big enough to see the tiny villages (such as Mark) that we went to and drove through. I then printed out some small photos that I'd taken and grouped them round the map which has hand-drawn scallops round.
As for the challenge:
* Map ~ Somerset = 10 points
* Blue ~ Blue Bazzill card for the background = 5 points
* Handmade embellishments ~ the arrows are hand-cut, doodled on with black brush marker and have stickles (diamond and black) added = 5 points
* Ink ~ a black brush marker which contains ink = 5 points
* Eyelets and/or brads ~ top left corner embellishments are white eyelets = 5 points
Full marks (of 30 points) for my team The Ruby Snippers