Monday 11 May 2009

all the leaves are brown, and the sky is blue

This is an old post that I realised I had taken off my blog as the LO went for publication in a DOCraft magazine. Well, it's been published now, so I can put the LO back on here.

Here's the original post:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I felt like doing a LO last night and thought I'd see what the bi-monthly challenge was on DoCraft. It's been a few months since I looked on there and I had a job remembering my password! But, I got there and loved what I read, so gave it a go. Set by greenhaze (Alma), this is what she said:

"The challenge is to use autumn colours brown, red, gold any colours that reflect the season.
Leaves.
A photo of your choice to reflect the season.
And nine or twelve buttons in autumn colours"

So, what did I do?

I definately used autumn colours ~ yellows and browns mainly
Skeleton leaves in brown
4 photos I took last month
9 buttons in shades of brown

Challenge met, here's the LO

Title is from the song California Dreamin' by the Mamas and Papas 1966 and printed onto Safmat. Journalling just tells when and where the photos were taken.

Thanks for looking

Take care

Love and hugs

4 comments:

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Great photos! Like the effect of the skeleton leaves too! Rx

Sammie said...

WooooHooooo -Do crafts magazine huh? Which number? Well done you! I love the way the skeleton leaves echo and complement the trees and leaves in the photos.
Love,
Sammie
P.S How long till the next Crafty Muse challenge??? It's seeming like ages....

Mrs N said...

DoCrafts hey?! Well done you!!! That's fantastic! You must show me this wonderful publication in which you appear! Fabaroonie sister! x

Mrs N said...

Oh, and I forgot to say...fab l.o. too!! :-D